Athelstan Primary School has a maximum admission number of 45 children. This means we can accept up to 45 children in each year group. This is set to rise to 60 for September 2017.The local admissions authority for this school is North Yorkshire Local Education Authority based in Harrogate they operate the following guidelines for admissions, in priority order:-
- Children with an Education Health Care Plan. (EHC)
- Children who are recommended by the Director of Social Services, including children in care of the local authority, or by the Designated medical officer.
- Children from homes disadvantaged by poor housing conditions or overcrowding, or from a background which is prejudicial to the child’s normal educational development
- After the priority admissions shown above have been made, admission will then be made for children within the school’s normal catchment area.
- Preference will be given to those children whose parents put Athelstan down as a first preference.
- Children living in the normal catchment area who have listed it as a preference school, but whose higher preference have not been met.
- Children from outside the school’s normal catchment area who live closest to school using the nearest walking route.
Please see the NYCC admission policy for further guidance
We held our Reception (Sunshines ) new starters Open Evening at 7pm on Thursday November 10th. Thank you to everyone who attended. We hope the evening provided you with the information you need to help you select a school for your child. If you were unable to attend and would like more information please do contact the school. Come along and see what the children do in the Foundation Stage.
Children are eligible for Foundation Stage Two (FS2) in the academic year they are 5. The academic year runs from September 1st to August 31st. So if a child is already 4 on September 1st and will thus celebrate their 5th birthday before the following September they are eligible for a Reception place that year, from September. By law children MUST be in full time education by the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
Please follow the link below to apply for a school place for September 2017