Athelstan Primary School has a maximum admission number of 60 children. This means we can accept up to 60 children in each year group.The local admissions authority for this school is North Yorkshire Local Education Authority based in Harrogate they operate the following guidelines for admissions, in priority order:-
- Children with an Education Health Care Plan. (EHC)
- Children who are recommended by the Director of Social Services, including children in care of the local authority, or by the Designated medical officer.
- Children from homes disadvantaged by poor housing conditions or overcrowding, or from a background which is prejudicial to the child’s normal educational development
- After the priority admissions shown above have been made, admission will then be made for children within the school’s normal catchment area.
- Preference will be given to those children whose parents put Athelstan down as a first preference.
- Children living in the normal catchment area who have listed it as a preference school, but whose higher preference have not been met.
- Children from outside the school’s normal catchment area who live closest to school using the nearest walking route.
Please see the NYCC admission policy for further guidance
Athelstan held the annual new starters Open Evening on Thursday November 8th. If you were unable to attend please do get in touch with us and we can talk you through the admission process . If you would like to look around our school please do contact us to make an appointment.
The deadline for September 2019 applications is January 15th 2019. Parents will be notified of offers from 16th April 2019
Children are eligible for Foundation Stage Two (FS2) in the academic year they are 5. The academic year runs from September 1st to August 31st. So if a child is already 4 on September 1st and will thus celebrate their 5th birthday before the following September they are eligible for a Reception place that year, from September. By law children MUST be in full time education by the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
Please follow the link below to apply for a school place for September 2017