Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.
PE at Athelstan School
At Athelstan we recieve funding which can be used to develop and enhance the PE and Sport Provision that we offer in school. The money is ring fenced and can only be used to meet certain criteria.
Dfe Guidance for the use of Sports Premium in Schools
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that it should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Schools should not use your funding to:
- employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements - these should come out of your core staffing budgets
- teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum - including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum)